Buildsystem and ogre.configs

Introduce your project and write about your work.

Moderator: PPS-Leaders

nicolasc
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Buildsystem and ogre.configs

Post by nicolasc » Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:07 pm

After half a week of trial and error hacking, I managed to get CMake to work - I made it even decide whether it is on a tardis system or not, for some needed flags.

The entire CMakeLists.txt is quite ugly atm, but at least it works. On the other hand, some ogre config files - namely plugins.cfg - need to be adapted to the specific system they run on. I am thinking of writing a little script to do that, but I am open to any other suggestions.

cheers
nico
BOFH Excuse #212: Of course is doesn't work. We've performed a software upgrade.

beni
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Post by beni » Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:23 am

Ingenious :D Please ensure a proper working tutorial till Wednesday. We should start with the main loop now, thinking about resource loading and multi threading and stuff
"I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite forum on the internet."

nicolasc
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Post by nicolasc » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:10 am

I give it a try this morning, and it worked. I even had another chat with David, and he told me that he tries to get CEGUI running on the tardis.

I hope that the following code is not too much for our students... ;)

Code: Select all

cd ${TOP_SOURCE_DIR}/build
./build-script
./run-script
I try to do some test with a openAL code snippet I found... Or at least try to get to understand CMake a little better - it is quite confusing :roll:

cheer
nico
BOFH Excuse #212: Of course is doesn't work. We've performed a software upgrade.

beni
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Post by beni » Fri Oct 12, 2007 9:52 am

Try to make a little tutorial about cmake itself on some wiki pages. Call it BuildSystem or something. Like that it's easy to see what one has to modify on the existing cmake files to extend them for future code.
It doesn't have to contain too much, but the essential and important parts should be briefly documented.
"I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite forum on the internet."