Gametype: Dynamicmatch

Introduce your project and write about your work.

Moderator: PPS-Leaders

The Jo
General DuGalle

Gametype: Dynamicmatch

Post by The Jo » Tue May 18, 2010 8:33 pm

I want to invite everyone to test the new gametype I've created. Unfortunately the branch (http://www.orxonox.net/browser/code/bra ... namicmatch) isn't merged.

About the Gametype:
A Dynamicmatch is a kind of wild chase gametype (especially, if you add enough bots -the minimum number of players should be four).

At the beginning everyone starts as a normal player (called "chaser"). By shooting another player at the beginning you can upgrade your party to "killer". If you got shot, on the other hand, you'll be a "victim".
After this selection phase, the real game begins. Depending on your party you can do different things to score points. (Chaser-> shoot the victim, victim-> hide, killer -> kill chasers)
But be careful! You can easily become a target while chasing after another player, since every chased player has an option to defend himself. (Victim-> Shoot a chaser, Chaser -> kill Killer).
Finally be aware: Your party will change dynamically during a match.
After three minutes the match is over.

What I want to delegate:
- new ideas: How can the gametype/ the level be improved?
- integrating the gametype into the menu
(there are some configvalues store - for example friendlyfire and the tutorialmessages can be turned on/off)
- weight the parties' scoring: In the end there should be several strategies how to win (how to score points); no party should be extraordinary strong. In the next coding session I will try to improve this. But I'm sure that some players will have better ideas how the parties can be weighted.
Last edited by The Jo on Fri May 21, 2010 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fail. Fail again. Fail better.

greenman
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Re: Gametype: Dynamicmatch

Post by greenman » Wed May 19, 2010 3:28 pm

sounds nice, thanks for your feedback/introduction.

about the merge: do you already have a working piece of code which runs without error to merge into the presentation merger branch? (if we merge your branch, you will be given a new branch created from the merge branch)
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

The Jo
General DuGalle

Post by The Jo » Wed May 19, 2010 6:06 pm

greenman wrote:sounds nice, thanks for your feedback/introduction.
about the merge: do you already have a working piece of code which runs without error to merge into the presentation merger branch? (if we merge your branch, you will be given a new branch created from the merge branch)
I still have to test the code. Until the very end there had been some errors. They've been corrected, but I would llike to do further tests.

Mozork
Mogthorgar, the mighty

Post by Mozork » Thu May 20, 2010 10:22 am

I just tried to compile your branch and there seem to be some files missing, could it be that you forgot to add them to svn? e.g. GametypeStaticMessage doesn't seem to exist.

The Jo
General DuGalle

Post by The Jo » Thu May 20, 2010 8:27 pm

Mozork wrote:I just tried to compile your branch and there seem to be some files missing, could it be that you forgot to add them to svn? e.g. GametypeStaticMessage doesn't seem to exist.
:oops: I thought that these files should have been added automatically. I'll take a closer look at it tomorrow.

Mozork
Mogthorgar, the mighty

Post by Mozork » Thu May 20, 2010 8:50 pm

I'm looking forward to it. :)
You can add them with the command.

Code: Select all

svn add path-to-file

The Jo
General DuGalle

Post by The Jo » Fri May 21, 2010 10:57 am

Ok. All files I've created should be available now.