Artificial Intelligence

Introduce your project and write about your work.

Moderator: PPS-Leaders

tfahrni
Noxonian Pryllgnothor

Artificial Intelligence

Post by tfahrni » Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:00 pm

Ich habe gerade meine Wiki Seite aktualisiert mit einem Konzept fuer die AI. Es ist ein riesiges Gedanken-Konstrukt aber ich glaube es koennte vielleicht sogar funktionieren. Ihr koennt es euch ja mal anschauen und ein bisschen kommentieren, kritisieren, kopfschuetteln etc.

AI Wiki Seite

(Ist es normal dass das Forum keine richtigen ae,oe,ue akzeptiert?)

Edrundor
Noxonian Warkmrghon

Post by Edrundor » Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:24 pm

As far as I know Orxonox is an international project so you should maybe post your stuff in English and the Wiki should be in English too.

Anyway, I studied your idea and it seems to be a good concept for the beginning. I'm not sure if I understand everything right: Do you think that the AI's should learn from their faults and get smarter or do they lose their progression after a restart?
Even though it would be more effort I think you should allow friendly fire and give the AI's a little more smarts. It's more fun to play against smart opponents and it makes the game more interesting. It's boring if the computer players always act the same.

Keep going ;-)

patrick
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Post by patrick » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:54 am

Yo!

I like your ideas too! You also came up with some good ideas of how the objects (world entities) should be processed. I think we now are very close to be able to start some implementation!

BTW: Please write your Wiki/threads in English, please!

beni
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Post by beni » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:34 pm

I like how you seperated different objectives in your work like "shooting" and "moving". This project is of special interest to me, because of my matura thesis.

If you like I can give you my thesis from 2004 and a friend of mine, studying physics right now, can give you the code for the swarming. Like this I think you can get farther in a short time and there will be enough time to put in some extra intelligence.

I like your ideas and I look forward to their implementation. Don't forget to make a timetable!

lieni
Noxonian Reg'metholt

Post by lieni » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:01 pm

Wow, I read through your ideas about the AI and I like every part of it! I hope we can do a big part of it, but as you wrote at the end of it, there won't be enough time to accomplish all the listed points.

I think the idea of learning NPCs would be the next big step after the listed things are done. In my eyes it unrealistic to achieve that goal in this semester.
The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.

nicolasc
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Post by nicolasc » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:53 am

I've been building a ((not so) primitive) guiding system for the swarm missile - we need one anyway... It's far from finished, but it's a start.

You might be able to reuse some parts
Changeset

cheers
nico

patrick
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Post by patrick » Wed Dec 13, 2006 11:39 pm

hy this is very cool stuff you came up with today!! the intelligent enemies trying to avoid contact realy look great!
It's very much fun just to fly around with them :D

if the rest of the AI modules are as funny as this, your work realy will gonna help making Orxonox a funny game :wink:

keep it up!