HumanShips

Introduce your project and write about your work.

Moderator: PPS-Leaders

hofzge
Roshliikhh, lower servant to the Deities

Post by hofzge » Mon Dec 04, 2006 10:43 pm

The beam weapons are mounted forward (meaning wall mounted, not mounted below a ship). I take this information from the pictures in here.
The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.
-- William Gibson, Neuromancer

Marc
Human Space Navy Major

Post by Marc » Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:16 pm

As we have only seen a single ship design so far (that was in week one after project grabbing), the weapon design is currently focused on "facing forwards". It won't be a problem to modify them to work with other oriented surfaces, as the "main part" of the weapon is assumed to be ship internal, this means that we only need to create the "connection" part.

AdrianW
Noxonian Grollknom

Post by AdrianW » Wed Dec 06, 2006 1:04 pm

hi all

Thanks for the replies.
I'll solve the problem with the position of the 2 slots. I will set one more up and the other more down.
As for the details: More details are planned, but I haven't had them designed yet. I thought I first finish the basic idea of my model and then add some details.

beni
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Post by beni » Fri Dec 08, 2006 9:48 am

@ AdrianW: Good, the slots are at their appropriate position now. I just checked out the latest version of your model and I have to say it really looks good. There are no mistakes in the model at all.
No we have a problem though. I guess you want to make the middle more detailed, but you reached the 500 faces/vertics already for this half. That means your model will have more than 1000 faces, which could be a problem.
That wing you added is really detailed, especially at the peak. I think you should be able to reduce some vertics in the front without making the model bad or less good.
That way you will win some vertics you could use for the middle part of your space ship. What do you think?

@ Pascal: Your model looks good as well. I think you should think about the details now. Where can you put stuff to which makes the model more interesting and less steril. You also have some vertics which do not add more detail to the model. You shouldn't worry about them though, you still have a few faces to use until you reach the 1000 face model. Please ask if you need some input from us.

Both of you did a good work 'til now, we don't have too much time left, so keep working like that (or bit faster ;)). Also send me or Nowic an E-Mail with your questions. Or just ask in this thread.
"I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite forum on the internet."

AdrianW
Noxonian Grollknom

Post by AdrianW » Fri Dec 08, 2006 8:23 pm

@beni: thanks :-) i will try to use less faces. which ist the really maximum of faces i am allowed to use?

AdrianW
Noxonian Grollknom

Post by AdrianW » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:25 pm

so, i have now uploaded a new version of my ship with less details for the wings.

beni
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Post by beni » Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:16 pm

AdrianW wrote:@beni: thanks :) i will try to use less faces. which ist the really maximum of faces i am allowed to use?
We said about 1000 faces per model. It's a limit we're not really bount to but we want you to keep attention to your level of detail.
AdrianW wrote:so, i have now uploaded a new version of my ship with less details for the wings.
Great, I'm going to have a look tomorrow on my free day :D.

beni
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Post by beni » Tue Dec 12, 2006 1:14 pm

Looks great, Adrian, just keep working on the middle part now ;-)

patrick
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Post by patrick » Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:53 pm

I'm looking forward to your presentations!

AdrianW
Noxonian Grollknom

Post by AdrianW » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:06 pm

I've now finished my model and uploaded it.
Can I start texturing or is there anything I have do change?
In our Wiki you can see some Screenshots:
https://dev.orxonox.net/wiki/HumanShips

See you on Wednesday!

nicolasc
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Post by nicolasc » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:56 pm

Awesome.... I take 10. ;)

To be honest, I was quite skeptical in the beginning, but when I see what came out, I am impressed. Looking forward to the presentation, and a nice texture (in due time).
BOFH Excuse #212: Of course is doesn't work. We've performed a software upgrade.

Pascal
Noxonian Pryllgnothor

Post by Pascal » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:27 pm

My Ship is now finished and I've uploaded it on the Wikipage.

AdrianW
Noxonian Grollknom

Post by AdrianW » Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:37 pm

My ship is also finished and the screenshots are on the Wiki page:

http://dev.orxonox.net/wiki/HumanShips

Nowic
Thanathon, God of the lower Planes

Post by Nowic » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:05 pm

@Pascal: could you please upload lower resolution png's and exporte your model with the correct filename.
Thx.
"I've always lived cheaply. I live like a student, basically. And I like that because it means that money is not telling me what to do. I can do what I think is important for me to do. It freed me to do what seemed worth doing." -- Richard Stallman

Nowic
Thanathon, God of the lower Planes

Post by Nowic » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:48 pm

Your station looks nice, but in my opinion is the texture a little too bright, especially the windows.

And could you please export your model (with some mountpoints) and a low resolution texture (512x512), even if it isn't completely finished, so we can start buliding the levels.
Thx.
"I've always lived cheaply. I live like a student, basically. And I like that because it means that money is not telling me what to do. I can do what I think is important for me to do. It freed me to do what seemed worth doing." -- Richard Stallman