Pirates Main Spaceship

Introduce your project and write about your work.

Moderator: PPS-Leaders

Andy
Human Space Navy Private

Pirates Main Spaceship

Post by Andy » Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:34 pm

Hey Guys!!!!

I'm making the Pirates Main Ship, so the main station for the Orxonox pirates.

Please see my wiki page for hints and replies.

Be nice: Make comments! I'll appreciate that!

beni
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Post by beni » Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:08 am

Hey Andy, just checked out your model. No mistakes, but you should add a lot more details. You have plenty of faces left you can use. Time is a critical factor so get at it soon.
"I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite forum on the internet."

patrick
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Post by patrick » Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:36 pm

Yo andy!

I like the overall design of your mobile space-station. You are surely on a good way. But like Beni I suggest to add more details to the model (meaning more structure). Because the details attract the viewers, they create interesst and make the space shipt look complex. And complex looking stuff is considered to be cool :D

Andy, you also got two different engine couplings (the newer ones look like wings). Which of them will you use? Because the older look cooler somehow.

I would integrate your drawings also into the wiki page, to get some feedback on them as well.

Nowic
Thanathon, God of the lower Planes

Post by Nowic » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:11 pm

ciao andy

Your model looks good. I can't find any errors. What tool/modifier did you use when you checked your mesh for errors in the last lesson?

Edit: I just took a look at your timetable: don't underestimate texturing! maybe you'll need more time, so you should start a week earlier.
"I've always lived cheaply. I live like a student, basically. And I like that because it means that money is not telling me what to do. I can do what I think is important for me to do. It freed me to do what seemed worth doing." -- Richard Stallman

Andy
Human Space Navy Private

Post by Andy » Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:51 pm

All right, things are going on hehehe! The engines are pretty much done. Now I only need to care about some more details, so:

Please please please

Send me any idea for any detail that comes in your mind (such as antennas, doors, texture ideas, and so on!), so that I can add more and more and more stuff to the ship and make it look really great!

Thank you!!! -->> andreamo@ee.ethz.ch <<--

lieni
Noxonian Reg'metholt

Post by lieni » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:30 am

i just checked out the sreenies, the engines of the ship look really hot!!.
some ideas:
- yeaa, antennas and perhaps some kind of satellite dish
- textures: rosty metal, its a pirate ship, they stole half of their ship and the other half is from an interstellar waste dump, i think you should see that the ship didnt just came ouf of a facility, its rather and old ship with lecks, errors ... like han solos millenium falcon
The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.

patrick
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Post by patrick » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:32 am

Cool ideas! Perhaps you also want to make the ship a little asymmetrical with the details, I think this would be realistic, too!

Now here are some pictures of detailed hulls from more or less known space ships:

Andy
Human Space Navy Private

Post by Andy » Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:56 pm

Got to the end....well, I'm getting closer!

Please go to my https://dev.orxonox.net/wiki/PirateMainShip wikipage and look at RAGNAR, the main Pirate Spaceship.
It can travel 4 times the speed of light, can dock 300 little ships and store food and stuff for the whole Pirate crew!

Looking forward to your comments!!!

x3n
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Post by x3n » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:13 pm

OMG, another bug in Orxonox :shock: ;)

Looks great, I like it :D

patrick
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Post by patrick » Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:49 pm

Yes, the ship now looks much more scary :shock: and impressive!

A pirat I was meant to be, trim the sails and roam the sea!
- Guybrush Threepwood

:D

Andy
Human Space Navy Private

Post by Andy » Mon Jan 08, 2007 5:27 pm

Hey guys!!

Texture are going on very good so far!

-->> https://dev.orxonox.net/wiki/PirateMainShip <<--

Nowic

Post by Nowic » Mon Jan 08, 2007 7:41 pm

It looks good!
No distortions, but the texture looks a little grainy. Make your texture big enough (1024x1024 or 2048x2048). Making it smaller is not a problem... but making it bigger. Or do you have very small texture assignments? When you have unwrapped all faces, scale them up so you use the whole texture.

Tipp: Draw some lines (or structures) on you texture to support the shape of you model (on a new layer with transparency and a nice effect mode (add, substract, burn or similar)).
"I've always lived cheaply. I live like a student, basically. And I like that because it means that money is not telling me what to do. I can do what I think is important for me to do. It freed me to do what seemed worth doing." -- Richard Stallman

Nowic

Post by Nowic » Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:14 pm

Hi Andy and Marco. Please upload your textures too. xcf and jpg/png!

Nowic

Post by Nowic » Wed Jan 24, 2007 4:23 pm

Hi Andy. We need the *.mlt file of the export, too. Please also make smaller versions of your texture (512 and 256).
Thx.