Orxonox on Windows

Get help with installing, running and configuring Orxonox.

Moderator: PPS-Leaders

patrick
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Orxonox on Windows

Post by patrick » Fri Jun 06, 2008 11:05 am

Hi guys,

Am I able to run orxonox on windows? are there binaries? Or do I need to follow the guide (but it is marked as outdated)?

thanks,
Patrick

x3n
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Post by x3n » Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:50 pm

Orxonox runs on windows, but at the moment there are no binaries. We'll do something like that for the next release. At the moment you have to compile or download everything on your own. The guide in the wiki helps to get all tools and Ogre, but since then we've added many other libraries for sound, network, scripts and general purposes.

There is a repository, https://svn.orxonox.net/ogre , check it out into a folder called 'libs', located in the same directory as your orxonox-checkout, for example:

Code: Select all

X:\orxonox\trunk
X:\orxonox\libs
In this repository you'll find all libraries we're using. But you have to compile them all, some of them are quite a bit tricky. If you compiled all libraries, you have to copy the dll's into orxonox/trunk/bin/lib and start orxonox with orxonox.bat.

A completely different approch: You could use msvc, there are some compiled dependencies in the libs-repository. But there is no guide in the wiki, as far as I know...
Fabian 'x3n' Landau, Orxonox developer