HUD and Mouse Control for cockpit manipulations

Discussions about the look and feel of Orxonox.

Moderator: PPS-Leaders

Michel
Human Space Navy Sergeant

Post by Michel » Wed Nov 22, 2006 9:16 pm

Hi all (Yes, I'm still @ tardis ;-) )

I read this topic with big interest, since it will most probably be my responsability to implement it, so thank you guys for doing some thinking in advance on this topic.

bensch
Admiral Alexi Sarkhov

Post by bensch » Fri Nov 24, 2006 9:57 pm

I think the HUD is cool like this, but maybe the secondary weapon System should be at the same spot as the first weapon

First of all, this is because, most probably some more overlay will arise in the future, and then we are happy to have one free corner :)
Secondly because the weapon-system was primarily designed to have N weapons (instead of two) and maybe it would be cool to have one overview over all weapons in one spot.
cheers

Marc
Human Space Navy Major

Post by Marc » Sat Nov 25, 2006 9:04 am

You will have N weapons, but of 2 distinct types, which is why it makes sense to separate them into two places.

Ones (primary) are energy based, while the other (secondary) are special weapons, not energy based and very restricted on their ammo. Currently, the weapon planned for that slot is a swarm missile launcher which mainly "cleans" the screen and has an ammo of 4.

But you are right that this separation might cause some problems, mostly because a bomber most likely has more than one energy based weapon system (although I'm not sure if more slots means a mix of weapons or several times the current primary weapon. That's due to the fact that the player will only have one primary *the player can choose one out of three at the beginning, see the weapons for users thread* and one secondary weapon in the current plannings. So at least in the current semester, there is nothing that will cause more overlay).