Custom Input Devices: How does it all work?

Topics about the general development of Orxonox.

Moderator: PPS-Leaders

georgr
Noxonian Grollknom

Re: Custom Input Devices: How does it all work?

Post by georgr » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:21 am

Well, we now officially have "working" (the implementation is as of yet very dirty - I'm just passing consoleCommands to the executor directly without using an InputHandler etc and for mouse movements, I call mouseMoved from the active InputState directly as well) wiimote input. The problem is, no matter what I do, there's about 3 seconds of lag (the lag is always the same, I haven't noticed any fluctuation so far) between pressing a button or moving the wiimote and the game reacting to the input. I'm a bit stumped on what to do from here, because I haven't managed to get debugging working right in Eclipse so it's pretty difficult to trace all those callbacks and macros through the proverbial jungle. I've managed, though, to determine that the error must lie somewhere before things start getting really complicated - even if I just "map" a simple console output to the A button, it will take those 3 seconds to display after pressing the button. However, using the example program provided by the library, I get lag-free input so my guess is that the library is not at fault. That would place the problem somewhere before the update loop - something must be holding it up or de-prioritizing the wiimote InputDevice or something.