Preparation of 0.1 Release

Topics about the general development of Orxonox.

Moderator: PPS-Leaders

greenman
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Preparation of 0.1 Release

Post by greenman » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:02 pm

I think we're nearly ready to make a first release (version 0.1). That's why I'm collecting information about missing features and remaining bugs/issues.

What additional features would you like to see in 0.1 ?
Of what bugs do you know that we have to resolve before the release ?

I'm currently having a look at the open tickets but as the ticket list is not complete I would appreciate your input.
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Re: Preparation of 0.1 Release

Post by 1337 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:12 pm

I think we should sort out the GameState problem. As to why, that is still unresolved...
Maybe it isn't such a bad idea to hack it together for the moment. That would reveal the actual weaknesses and needed features.
http://www.xkcd.com/
A webcomic of romance, sarcasm, math, and language.

greenman
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Post by greenman » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:15 pm

what do you mean with hack it together? what are the open issues with gamestates for the moment in you opinion ?

this is what i found from the tickets:
- pressing ESC ingame should open the ingamemenu #339 (this requires console commands to be extended #334)
- pickup system ? #277

any additions?
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

x3n
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Post by x3n » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:53 pm

some playable levels (which don't need the 'addbots' command or knowledge about the structure of the level (like the presentation level))
Fabian 'x3n' Landau, Orxonox developer

x3n
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Post by x3n » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:59 pm

greenman wrote:- pressing ESC ingame should open the ingamemenu #339 (this requires console commands to be extended #334)
Btw this is quite untrue. It just requires an extension of the exit command. Of course, if you want a solution with sugar on top, the console commands have to be extended, yes, but don't consider this as a blocker for a release.

greenman
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Post by greenman » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:22 pm

x3n wrote: Btw this is quite untrue. It just requires an extension of the exit command. Of course, if you want a solution with sugar on top, the console commands have to be extended, yes, but don't consider this as a blocker for a release.
i didn't consider it a blocker. what i said was for a "clean" solution ^^

i'm already thinking of another temporary solution... but the following questions pop up:
- where do we configure which ingamemenu should arise (there are maybe different ones depending on the GameType, but also on the GameState)
- what should a press of ESC in the ingamemenu cause? (i think it should remove one layer of GUI-sheets and thus close the top-GUI-sheet)
- should we implement this in lua? (would be easier, because lua has more information about the GUI than the GUIManager - at least at the moment)

i think the questions about the behaviour of pressing ESC ingame or in ingamemenu are the most important for this task... what do you think?

x3n
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Post by x3n » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:19 pm

I agree, we should discuss this maybe even bevor I start working on the console commands.