New Orxonox Forum

Important improvements are announced here.

Moderator: PPS-Leaders

patrick
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

New Orxonox Forum

Post by patrick » Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:40 pm

After a short downtime this is our new Orxonox forum. The forum categories have been fully restructured. We are afraid that the old forum entries are lost.
But we are sure that the real forum activity just started... 8)
Last edited by patrick on Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

beni
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Post by beni » Tue Oct 03, 2006 9:41 am

Nice nice. But I'd like to change my style (I'm not that confident with the solaris style).
You have to uncheck the option in the admin control panel where it says to overwrite the user chosen style.

It's good we can present a working forum to the PPS guys. I'm really looking forward working with the forum during the PPS.

By the way: If there is any way to retrieve some bits of the old database I should be able to fix it right away. I'm quite familiar with the phpBB-Forum, because I host one on my own webspace.

patrick
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Post by patrick » Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:05 am

I promoted you to admin status. If you have an nice style, that looks better than this one, send the zip file to me, I will install it here.

beni
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Post by beni » Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:19 am

Wow. that was more than what I asked for, but thanks :).
I made the necessary changes in the admin cp (Don't worry, I won't change stuff without your approval) and I found a cool style. It's one of these you already uploaded so you won't have to upload another one.
Solaris is a decent style. It's just not my taste. I have Solaris available on my phpBB-board as well and about 20% of all the users use the Solaris style, so leave it as default.

Nowic
Thanathon, God of the lower Planes

Post by Nowic » Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:07 pm

Nice! :) What about a developer group?
"I've always lived cheaply. I live like a student, basically. And I like that because it means that money is not telling me what to do. I can do what I think is important for me to do. It freed me to do what seemed worth doing." -- Richard Stallman

beni
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Post by beni » Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:29 am

Groups only make sense if we want to have different rights or am I wrong? Other than establish different rights for different groups nothing can be done. Of course we can make a developer group anyway. It doesn't really matter to me.

Nowic
Thanathon, God of the lower Planes

Post by Nowic » Fri Oct 06, 2006 12:48 pm

It's a benefit, if visitors of the forum are able to see which users are involved in the project... maybe :roll:
"I've always lived cheaply. I live like a student, basically. And I like that because it means that money is not telling me what to do. I can do what I think is important for me to do. It freed me to do what seemed worth doing." -- Richard Stallman

beni
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Post by beni » Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:01 pm

You're right. It's better that way. Patrick already did it anyway :)