new svn repository structure

Important improvements are announced here.

Moderator: PPS-Leaders

greenman
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

new svn repository structure

Post by greenman » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:06 pm

Hi

As some of you already know, the structure of our svn repository has changed. This is mostly because of the ongoing reorganisation of the media files. Until now data- and code-files were stored in two different repositories. This means that each time you copy/move a file over from one repository to another you lose svn history, logs, etc. To avoid this we decided to merge these two repositories into a new one called game.

The new URL to reach the code is svn.orxonox.net/game/code (.../trunk i.e.) and for data files it's svn.orxonox.net/game/data/ (.../trunk i.e.).
To prevent confusion with revision numbers we made sure the code revision numbers stay the same. However data revision number have now an offset of 3375.

Unfortunately it's not possible to just do a svn switch in order to change the url. You'll have to checkout a new working copy of the files you want.

Sorry for the inconvenience but I think if we get used to it, there will be almost no disadvantages about this.

Regards, Oli
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.