Projectile getting "deleted" to soon

Found a bug? Report it here.

Moderator: PPS-Leaders

nicolasc
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Projectile getting "deleted" to soon

Post by nicolasc » Thu May 03, 2007 9:52 pm

Code: Select all

(EE)::coord/p_node.cc:90:Node same as last that was tried to be deleted. FORCE reparent to NULL of 0xa40e5610
(EE)::coord/p_node.cc:90:Node same as last that was tried to be deleted. FORCE reparent to NULL of 0xa40e6478
(EE)::coord/p_node.cc:90:Node same as last that was tried to be deleted. FORCE reparent to NULL of 0xa40e4390
(EE)::coord/p_node.cc:90:Node same as last that was tried to be deleted. FORCE reparent to NULL of 0xa40e6320
I am getting this out whenever a weapon was fired in the VS. I thought that the PNode-deleting problem was solved. I also created a very long lag, between hitting ESC an leaving the level.

Any idea were to look? projectile.{cc,h} and sub-classes seem fine.

cheers
nico
BOFH Excuse #212: Of course is doesn't work. We've performed a software upgrade.

beni
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Post by beni » Thu May 03, 2007 10:59 pm

Since the bug occurs with every weapon it's natural to assume that the error is inherited. But if projectile looks fine, the error has to be in WorldEntity or PNode. Wouldn't we experience a lot more problems when those two classes would contain this error?
Today you said that every projectile you program is basically a lot of copy paste. Not that I question your abilities, but couldn't there be a major mistake while copy-pasting? Something you spread into all those projectile sub-classes?

It's what I think is the most probable place to look for a error: the sub-classes. I didn't have the time to look through them, so you may be right and projectiles are all free of errors.
"I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite forum on the internet."