Unresolved SIGSEGV in vs branch

Found a bug? Report it here.

Moderator: PPS-Leaders

nicolasc
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Unresolved SIGSEGV in vs branch

Post by nicolasc » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:08 pm

I don't know, whether this has something to do with my notebook, or if it is a real bug.

Trying to enter the VS level ends in SIGSEGV.

This is the last console output I get.

Code: Select all

(WW)::glmenu/glmenu_imagescreen.cc:196:ImageScreen-loadbar exceeds maximum value 16
Team Number: 4
Swarm Number:2
(WW)::glmenu/glmenu_imagescreen.cc:196:ImageScreen-loadbar exceeds maximum value 16
recieved signal SIGSEGV
try to write backtrace to file orxonox.backtrace
*** Exited with status: 1 ***
Backtrace shows nothing, as in nothing at all (probably some missing frame-pointers on my system) and from what I recall, the bug appeared within the last 36 hours, but reverting to even an earlier stage does not help. I think it appeared after r10671, but again that commit was quite a large one.

OTOH: Silvan told me, that it could be a misconfigured XML file, but E haven't found anything there either.

Upgrade at you own risk, I try to contain the bug ASAP.

cheers
nico
BOFH Excuse #212: Of course is doesn't work. We've performed a software upgrade.

nicolasc
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Post by nicolasc » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:35 pm

Found the bugger....

Needing a change while coding, I added some mountpoints to the model, und suddenly the entire framework collapsed.

I seems that 19 Mountpoint are little to many for the Orxonox framework. My guess, is that there is a maximum of 16 mountpoint atm. We need to change that, as there are at most 10 primary weapon slots and another 6 secondary plus about a dozen blinkies per ship, not counting all those particle engines.

I'll file a feature request.

cheers
nico
BOFH Excuse #212: Of course is doesn't work. We've performed a software upgrade.