Thinkpad x60

Found a bug? Report it here.

Moderator: PPS-Leaders

hejja
Human Space Navy Private

Thinkpad x60

Post by hejja » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:49 pm

Hello,

I've got some problems installing Orxonox on my Thinkpad x60.
I've installed Ubuntu 6.10 and then followed the installing instructions on the wiki (https://dev.orxonox.net/wiki/LinuxDebian). I think the problem is with my "graphic card": Intel GMA 950. When I start the game, the system simply crashes -> mouse works, but nothing else (ctrl+alt+backspace or ctrl+alt+f1). So if you've got any idea how to fix that, please tell me.
The installed driver is i810.

Nowic
Thanathon, God of the lower Planes

Post by Nowic » Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:45 pm

hello hejja

Any output on the console? (run it in window mode, so you can see the console even if it is freezed).

Ubuntu (but more or less the same as in debian): https://dev.orxonox.net/wiki/LinuxUbuntu
"I've always lived cheaply. I live like a student, basically. And I like that because it means that money is not telling me what to do. I can do what I think is important for me to do. It freed me to do what seemed worth doing." -- Richard Stallman

hejja
Human Space Navy Private

Post by hejja » Thu Nov 30, 2006 7:38 pm

Well the problem is, that I actually try to run it in window-mode but it freezes anyway, so all I can move is the real mouse (not the one in the game) and I can't focus anything else...

nicolasc
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Post by nicolasc » Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:20 pm

This problem sounds somewhat familiar...

I had it before on my desktop (complete freeze, but solvable by ssh + killall). Unfortunately I messed around with xorg.conf and 3d acceleration was lost - not being back at this time.

This might help...
or try this:

Code: Select all

env I810_SPAN_DISABLE_LOCKING="true" ./orxonox
Anyway, there seems to be a problem with xorg/oss drivers. As my Desktop is equipped with radeon 9250pro runnig on oss drivers.
I see what I can find out this weekend. (my desktop is at my parent's)

cheers
nico