[solved] Hud bug

Found a bug? Report it here.

Moderator: PPS-Leaders

The Jo
General DuGalle

[solved] Hud bug

Post by The Jo » Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:50 pm

Whenever I kill a bot with a rocket (using the latest trunk), the radar hud is flashing red.
Fail. Fail again. Fail better.

greenman
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Re: Hud bug

Post by greenman » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:28 pm

do you mean the steerable rocket or the self-seeking rocket ?
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

x3n
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Post by x3n » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:40 pm

I can confirm this with the steerable rocket. It's probably the red radar dot of the bot which becomes too big... maybe because the rocket was very close to it
Fabian 'x3n' Landau, Orxonox developer

greenman
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Post by greenman » Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:20 pm

hm.. I'm not sure if i remember correctly (did some changes there once ago) but i thought that actually the radar should remain bound to the spaceship and not to the rocket, shouldn't it?
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

x3n
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Post by x3n » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:22 pm

fixed in trunk in r8737.

If the player spawns a steerable rocket, the SpaceShip's HUD gets destroyed. As soon as the rocket explodes, the player's view jumps back to the SpaceShip and the HUD is re-created. But at this point, the enemy's SpaceShip still exists, so the HUD Radar creates a red dot for the enemy. However the HUD Radar will not be ticked until the next tick, hence the size of the dot is 1.0/1.0 which fills the whole Radar. The solution was to call radarTick(0) manually after creating the dots. ;)

By the way, the Radar flashed red after each hit with the rocket, not only if the enemy was killed.

You may wonder why the Radar didn't flash every time the player spawns: this is simply because the player is created before the radar gets ticked, so we were simply lucky in that case.
Fabian 'x3n' Landau, Orxonox developer