UCA symbols and markings

Contribute models, textures, concepts and sounds here.

Moderator: PPS-Leaders

nicolasc
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

UCA symbols and markings

Post by nicolasc » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:11 pm

While texturing my fighter, it appeared to me, that I don't know of any UCA markings.

Are there already some on the draft-board, or do I have to do it myself... I am lacking ideas.

cheers
nico
BOFH Excuse #212: Of course is doesn't work. We've performed a software upgrade.

beni
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Post by beni » Sat Apr 14, 2007 2:32 pm

As of this moment there are no flags, signs or markings of any fraction or organization present.

UCA is the future USA, so you may want to use existing american symbols and markings for the UCA.
"I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite forum on the internet."

nicolasc
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Post by nicolasc » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:06 pm

UCA is the future USA, so you may want to use existing american symbols and markings for the UCA.
Does it have to be the USofA.... :roll: :shock:

I see what I can do.

cheers
nico
BOFH Excuse #212: Of course is doesn't work. We've performed a software upgrade.

beni
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Post by beni » Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:55 pm

I noticed a made a little mistake in my phrasing: I wanted to say, that you should the symbols of the USA as examples. Tweak and change or add stuff and then produce a similar symbol, which does not exist in real world.
Well, the story says, that the USA becomes a nation of war and military in the future. There is not much they researched in the past years than weapon technology. This makes them the strongest, but not the best developed nation in the Orxonox universe.

nicolasc
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Post by nicolasc » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:05 pm

Well, the story says, that the USA becomes a nation of war and military in the future. There is not much they researched in the past years than weapon technology. This makes them the strongest, but not the best developed nation in the Orxonox universe.
they didn't even learn from Napoleon...

I understood you phrasing they it should have been... I was more complaining about the fact that the orxonox play from the view of the USA (or its successor).

Does that symbol look nice... (sorry, it's copyrighted, can't use)

cheers
nico

beni
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Post by beni » Sat Apr 14, 2007 9:34 pm

Oh, do not worry. We won't focus on the future USA. Like you I'm not a big fan of them and therefore the UCA won't be the almighty nation we know from movies and other games.

In fact our main character is a European and the Space Station modeled by x3n and Sam is not from the UCA either.
We should probably focus a bit more on the cultural differences there, so nobody gets confused too quickly.

The UCA had this crazy idea to build this moon defense station. It helped little against the Noxon invaders, but our main character can use the station to save himself temporarily from the invaders and to find a ship. Since the ship is like you said a prototype it's logical the ship is a creation of the UCA.

nicolasc
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

DHS seal reworked

Post by nicolasc » Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:06 pm

Another idea... but i need someone with a better graphical skills to do it (==> beni??)
Take the seal shown below (I already did some work, changed the heads direction, removed some letters) and add earth showing (preferably only) America.

Keep it in monochrome for the fighter markings, but a colored version is desired for standards, flags and alike...

the original can be found here and for obvious reasons it is public domain...

cheers
nico

[edit] some explanations were missing

nicolasc
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Post by nicolasc » Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:00 pm

It gets somewhat boring, if I keep answering my own threads...

My problem is, that it does not look that great on the fighter as the details get blurred into the background. I have to reduce the size to a tenth.. so there is not much information left to work with.

and the seal in its full beaty

cheers
nico

bensch
Admiral Alexi Sarkhov

Post by bensch » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:59 am

Yeah. I really like the ship. It looks very futuristic and surely perfect for a 2D-scroller.
The thing about the emblem on the spaceship itself is, that the emblem surely is too small to be even noticed (but makes for a good detail!)
We should put it on a big wall, so everyone can see it :)

KK7c13
Noxonian Grollknom

Post by KK7c13 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 6:12 pm

We should put it on a big wall, so everyone can see it
done :wink:
https://dev.orxonox.net/attachment/wiki ... 070429.jpg

bensch
Admiral Alexi Sarkhov

Post by bensch » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:41 pm

Yeah. This looks amazingly cool :D. I am looking forward to see the whole level. Thanks a lot for the screenshot Darko'o rabbit.

beni
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Post by beni » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:21 pm

That's really cool. I like it and it fits perfectly into story and universe and stuff.. not like all the other ideas so many of you have ;) :P