ConceptV2

Contribute models, textures, concepts and sounds here.

Moderator: PPS-Leaders

nicolasc
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

ConceptV2

Post by nicolasc » Sun Jan 06, 2008 6:19 pm

Most parts were rendered obsolete by the massive redesign we are doing for OrxonoxV2.
We (beni, x3n, reto and myself) started discussing - or collecting ideas - on how Orxonox should look and feel on IRC.
I collected and boiled down the concepts we discussed, and put them into this wiki-page. the transcripts are available there too.

Feel free to add any comments, and or join us in one of our many IRC sessions...

cheers
nico
BOFH Excuse #212: Of course is doesn't work. We've performed a software upgrade.

beni
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Post by beni » Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:02 pm

I'm glad more people started to be interested in this part of the game development as I stood alone for many months with my ideas and concepts.
I often had to realize, that there was no interest in story concept and how the universe and mission design shall be.
With the new and fresh development of Orxonox V2, the story has obviously become interesting quite early, even before we are able to script missions. This is in my opinion a very good design, because the contents and level design wouldn't be consistent without a clear understanding and awareness of the story concept.
It may be also my fault of not advertising my ideas enough, nonetheless I have to admit that I'm a bit disappointed that again, everything is overthrown. Maybe my concept isn't flawless, but I feel a bit ignored, when again, the fifth time since Orxonox started, the story is developed again from scratch.

So without further introduction and whining, I'd like to ask, why all I wrote about the story and the universe of Orxonox is not worth taking in account? Those wiki pages I worked out are all archived for further use. Some stuff may not be up to date, but the crude concept wouldn't need much change.

So instead of joining you in your IRC sessions, I'd like to suggest you read, what I've been writing in the wiki and then take it apart to save the valuable stuff and change the things that still need work. Like this we would also have something to work with without having to reinvent the wheel again and again.
"I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite forum on the internet."

x3n
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Post by x3n » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:11 am

We resolved the misunderstanding in the irc. It's not a new story, it's a collection of gameplay-features (and some words about a possible and realistic beginning of the story). Now everyone is happy and beni dreams about rosetta, the transsexual spacecraft :twisted: