Weekend in Paris

Contribute models, textures, concepts and sounds here.

Moderator: PPS-Leaders

beni
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Weekend in Paris

Post by beni » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:33 am

I've been to Paris this weekend and of course we had to visit "La Defense". For those who do not know what that is: At "La Defense" there are most of the newer skyscrapers of Paris.
Because it was a Sunday, the whole area was completely empty and no single person was there. That gave the whole scenery a special touch, we have to build into the game. Imagine to walk through an area where you expect lots and lots of people, but none are there.

But what I really wanted to do is to upload a few pictures of skyscrapers, but I don't have any just now. So I hope I get a few pictures from the people who made some soon, so I can show you some cool ideas for architecture in the game.

patrick
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Post by patrick » Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:56 am

I know what you mean! I like the "dead-city" feeling, too. Go out in a city at 3 o'clock in the morning, it sometimes feels very ghostly :D

lieni
Noxonian Reg'metholt

Post by lieni » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:49 pm

I cant believe that there were no people... I'm sometimes astonished when E walk through my home city Berne early in the morning and nobody's out there... in Zurich I never really got that feeling... but in Paris?
The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.

beni
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Post by beni » Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:28 am

lieni wrote:I cant believe that there were no people... i'm somtimes astonished when i walk through my home city berne early in the morning and nobody's out there... in zurich i never really got that feeling... but in paris?
And it was about lunchtime ;-). Nah it was just because of the area I went to. "La Defense" is not in the center of the city, but rather a few minutes outside. Then: Everything was office buildings and there were a few fast food restaurants, but because I was there on a Sunday, everything was closed. That's the reason why those huge skyscrapers (with only offices in them) were standing so alone.

patrick
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Post by patrick » Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:05 am

... perhaps there was a bomb-warning... :wink: