Pizza in Zurich

This is a place for everything and nothing.

Moderator: PPS-Leaders

beni
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Pizza in Zurich

Post by beni » Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:15 pm

In the newest Polykum they tested 10 Pizza delivery services in Zurich. As we eat Pizzas regularly and since we want to get the best Pizza for the lowest price for our students, this was rather interesting for me. So I read this article and I'd like to share some interesting points. However I recommend you read the article yourself.

In the early days we used Pizza Blitz, but we soon decided to switch do Domino's. According to the Pizza evaluation of the Polykum, Pizza Blitz gets a 2.8 and Domino's a 3 as grade (Swiss system). We have actually experienced the worst of all Pizza services available.
In order to improve our Pizza experience in the future we should maybe consider a different Pizza delivery service.

The best grade (5.0) got Monte Rigi. As the name suggests this delivery service is in the Universitaetsstrasse (that's where Domino's is as well). The argument, that Domino's is the closest Pizza delivery service from the ETL, is therefore not counting. Also according to Polykum Monte Rigi has the better Pizzas and they're also a lot cheaper. However, the discount system of Domino's is not taken into account in the Polykum article. As I still have the receipt from our last two orders, I'm sure we can compare prices easily in the near future.
It is also said in the article, that Monte Rigi Pizzas are more like the Italian ideal of a Pizza, while Domino's is of course American. I myself prefer Italian Pizzas, so understand my post as tip for a future opportunity for Pizzas in Zurich.
"I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite forum on the internet."

greenman
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Post by greenman » Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:40 pm

well thanks for the information and sorry for the late response ;)

why not try out something new. i'm willing to do some testing and comparing prices should not be a problem
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

beni
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Post by beni » Fri Sep 26, 2008 7:47 am

greenman wrote:...sorry for the late response ;)
no problem, I got used to that quite long response time of yours and others :P
"I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite forum on the internet."