Welcome to the Orxonox PPS HS09

This is a place for everything and nothing.

Moderator: PPS-Leaders

greenman
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Welcome to the Orxonox PPS HS09

Post by greenman » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:59 am

We would like to welcome all new students to the Orxonox PPS HS09!

Please introduce yourself so that we know who you are ;)
There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Dani
Noxonian Pryllgnothor

Re: Welcome to the Orxonox PPS HS09

Post by Dani » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:53 am

Hi

My name is Daniel Christen and im from Bubendorf BL.
Actually I study in the 3rd Semester Electrical Engineering at ETH Zürich.

My hobbies are:
-meet friends
-my Motorcycle
-Sports
-Computer

I'm very interested how Computer Games are made. Therefore i choose Orxonox as my PPS course for this Semester.

If someone want do know more about me: Simply ask :D

And sorry for my bad english...

nils
Noxonian Pryllgnothor

Post by nils » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:30 pm

Hi!
My name is Nils Reinthaler. I am from Zürich (Schwamendingen) and at the moment, I also study Electrical Engineering in the 3rd semester at ETH Zürich.

In my spare time I go biking, hiking, climbing, skiing and do other sports. From time to time I also like to play a computer game or just surf the internet.

I haven't done a lot of development work for computer games so far, but I also like to learn more about this. Therefore I've choosen the Orxonox PPS.

Mike
Noxonian Pryllgnothor

Post by Mike » Mon Sep 28, 2009 1:36 pm

Howdy!

My name is Michael. I'm very interested in coding all kinds of stuff but have never really got around to dig into graphics programming - that's why I've chosen to participate in the Orxonox PPS.

In my spare time I like to organize club parties and of course attend some as well. :D

I'm looking forward to getting started!

cmueri
Noxonian Grollknom

Post by cmueri » Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:58 pm

Hi everyone!

My name is Christoph Müri and I live in Nussbaumen (AG). At the moment I also study Electrical Engineering in the 3rd semester at ETHZ. My hobbies include skiing, biking, playing the piano, singing and music in general.

I also like modeling with Cinema 4D and playing computer games, but for that i haven't really time when I'm at home (with a look to my "stuff-to-do" stack :P). So I hope this PPS will bring back some old and hopefully many new ideas to me.

See you soon & have a nice day

ambuehlm
Noxonian Pryllgnothor

Post by ambuehlm » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:29 am

Hi there

I am Martin Ambühl and study as well electrical engineering in the 3rd semester. My hobbies are sport, geckos, electronics and computer games.

I've made already some little games with a friend in 3d, and I like to learn more about development of games.

See you soon

Tinu

youngk
Noxonian Warkmrghon

Post by youngk » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:30 pm

Howdy,

My name's Kevin Young and I joined the PPS Orxonox to learn more about the innards of a computer game. I'd really enjoy making the sounds that accompany such a space shooter. As far as programming is concerned, I hardly have any experience in coding for a computer game (gui coding is a word of horror for me).

I need not say what I study, it has been said often enough :wink:

In my spare time I do lots of mountain-biking, I tinker and work on all kinds of hard- and software projects of my own, and I also play two instruments, Clarinette and Basson.

Cheers,
Kev
Постич?