Welcome to the Orxonox PPS 2011

This is a place for everything and nothing.

Moderator: PPS-Leaders

smerkli
Human Space Navy Lieutenant

Welcome to the Orxonox PPS 2011

Post by smerkli » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:19 pm

Hello and welcome to the PPS 2011!

It is customary for the new students of the PPS to introduce themselves to the rest of the developer team.

So please write something about yourself (Name, Interests, ...) in a reply in this topic so we can get to know each other a little.

Greetings, Sandro 'smerkli' Merkli

Teddy
Noxonian Grollknom

Re: Welcome to the Orxonox PPS 2011

Post by Teddy » Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:14 pm

Hi everybody!

I'm Matthias Baer and I'm living in a small village in the "Säuliamt".

I used to start programming with C/C++ on a Windows machine. I also made some small steps into the world of OpenGL, but during this time I bought an iMac and got an Apple follower.
Cause I wanted to keep on learning how to program on this new machine, I read a book about Objective-C and started working with Xcode.
I also made some steps in programming for the internet with PHP and I know the basics of HTML and CSS.
Yeah, that's pretty much my knowledge in programming in addition to the stuff we learned at the ETH.

My interests are quite similar, although I don't have much time for this left since I started studying, because I also love meeting friends and doing stuff to relax during the exhausting time of being a student ;)

I think that's all I can say... for questions just ask :)

Matthias

PS: If someone is curious about my Nickname; it's my internet pseudonym since I'm online and it's simply because of my surname :)

PPS: I'm sorry for my english, but I hope it's more or less understandable^^
Ignore my spelling mistakes and pardon my grammar...

fmauro
Noxonian Grollknom

Re: Welcome to the Orxonox PPS 2011

Post by fmauro » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:51 pm

Hi all!

My name is Mauro Frischherz and I'm from Langenthal BE.

Interests are mainly game development, 3D-modeling and music making.

I've had extensive contact with C++ on which I've also tried myself at making 3D-Games mainly with the aid of books about DirectX8/9. Sadly these efforts remained fruitless and I've since moved on to a more open minded programming style. Currently I'm dabbling with the android-sdk and am very happy with the results so far.

I'm a very talkative person, if you are as well you can always reach me on
chat.freenode.org
in either
#ubuntu
#android-dev
or
##c++

Very much looking forward to creating/polishing/maintaining content for orxonox and working with you guys/gals.

\ ( o _ o ) /