Welcome to the Orxonox PPS FS12

This is a place for everything and nothing.

Moderator: PPS-Leaders

diggr
Noxonian Warkmrghon

Welcome to the Orxonox PPS FS12

Post by diggr » Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:20 am

Hello and welcome to the PPS 2011!

It is customary for the new students of the PPS to introduce themselves to the rest of the developer team.

So please write something about yourself (Name, Interests, ...) in a reply in this topic so we can get to know each other a little.

Cheers,
Beni

KnallKopf
Human Space Navy Private

Re: Welcome to the Orxonox PPS FS12

Post by KnallKopf » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:05 pm

Hey there

My name is Fabian Müller and I'm obviously studying at the D-ITET.

If it should happen for once, that I'm not working at the Orxonox Project :D , u'll most probably find me either playing floorball or basketball near where i live in Schaffhausen or watching some e-sport on a livestream.

I used to play games for quite a long time (diffrent games, including Age of Empires, Warcraft 3, Counter Strike and League of Legends, to just name a few), but i stopped about 5 weeks ago for time-reasons. The orxonox PPS seemed to give a deeper impression how a game actually works, and so far i got to know really a lot of new things, for example about the framework.

My project is to create a big ship in blender (sth. like a fuel tanker), which includes modeling and also texturing the model.

If you have any further questions, dont hesitate to PM me and I'll respond as soon as i can.

Greetz
Fabian "KnallKopf" Müller

Zhuriel
Human Space Navy Sergeant

Post by Zhuriel » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:25 pm

Hello everyone, my name is Lukas Müller.

I'm an ITET Student / prog metal guitarist / sci-fi nerd / Minecraft-redstone-expert / generally strange person. :D

I will be writing and recording some spacey progressive metal tracks and sound effects for Orxonox this semester. I'll be putting up some demos on my SoundCloud page (http://soundcloud.com/zhuriel) shortly.

greets, Lukas "Zhuriel" Müller

Miray
Noxonian Pryllgnothor

Post by Miray » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:34 pm

Hey there!

My name is Kevin Lengauer and like all of us I'm also studying at the D-ITET.

When I'm not studying in Zurich, I'm mostly with friends, partying or just hanging out, doing sports or gaming :D I'm also really interested in Sci-Fi and game developement.

I'm currently working on some cool new pickups for orxonox, which will hopefully add some new&funny effects to the game.

greets

Kevin

ninow
Noxonian Pryllgnothor

Post by ninow » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:49 am

Hey Dudes,

My name is Nino Weingart and i'm as you studying at the D-ITET.

I spend the most of my time for the ETH, as it should be... ;) Otherwise i do a lot of sports, mostly gymnastics or similar stuff or i hang around with some friends.

In this PPS i'll try to create a new Gametype. Finally it should be more or less like "Capture the Flag".

Greez nino

alessandro_p
Noxonian Pryllgnothor

Post by alessandro_p » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:09 am

Hey folks,

My Name is Alessandro, I'm a student at the D-ITET.

Besides studying I like to play tennis, gaming or watch TV series.

I will be trying to model some space junk like a broke satellite etc. If anyone has a funny idea for a little gem/Easter egg or else PM me, I'll be glad to get some inspiration.

Greets
Alessandro
Last edited by alessandro_p on Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kevin Thandiackal
Noxonian Pryllgnothor

Post by Kevin Thandiackal » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:29 am

Heyhey!

My name is Kevin Thandiackal and i'm studying Electronics & IT at the ETH. And apart from that i like football, playing the drums and drawing.

In this PPS my task is to model a spacegate (u know, like in Stargate, just better ;)) in blender and then include it in the game.

Cheers
Kevin

Nobilus
Noxonian Pryllgnothor

Post by Nobilus » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:03 pm

Hi

My name is Fabian Laumer and I'm studying at the D-ITET.
When I'm not busy with solving 'NuS-Serien', I like to do a lot of sport, especially Beachvolleyball.

My partner and I are working on a new level. The idea is, to create a race on the surface of a planet.

Greez
Fabian

x3n
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Post by x3n » Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:46 pm

Jeez, yet another Fabian! Is there a secret plan to replace me? :twisted:

Anyway, welcome everybody, enjoy working & playing with Orxonox. There's a lot to learn from a big project like this, and also a lot to discover.

Random facts about Orxonox:
  • Press the key below [ESC] to open a console. Press tab to see all commands. The console actually supports the scripting language Tcl
  • Some spaceships have a weapon that shoots a steerable rocket
  • We once had a drone pickup - if you picked it up, a drone spawned and followed you. The drone was able to take that pickup itself, spawning another drone which followed the first drone, and so on. That was kinda messy :P I think that's fixed though
Start playing!
Fabian 'x3n' Landau, Orxonox developer