Moonstation (Hangar)

Introduce your project and write about your work.

Moderator: PPS-Leaders

x3n
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Moonstation (Hangar)

Post by x3n » Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:39 pm

I will build the hangar of the Moonstation, where the player has to make his way through abandoned rooms, broken bridges and destroyed halls to find a ship wwith which he has to escape from the station. The first part of the Station is built by Michi von Kaenel, the two parts are linked with a door in a corridor in the underground.

For sketches and the image of the first room, click here:
=> http://dev.orxonox.net/wiki/MoonStationHangar

Enjoy.
Last edited by x3n on Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

patrick
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Post by patrick » Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:54 pm

Oohh... I like you moon-station-guys!

:D

nicolasc
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Post by nicolasc » Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:41 pm

Yay... that's what I was talking about, when I first imagined the moon station. Looks awesome.

The level's look well thought through, more jump'n'crouch than fighting... But what the heck: Orxonox tries to be innovative.
...and finally enters a room, which looks like some hightech laboratory.
Might want to add/include some weapons tests area / firing range, which shows the difference between the "old" and the "new" stuff.

cheers
nico

[edit: correct English]
BOFH Excuse #212: Of course is doesn't work. We've performed a software upgrade.

beni
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Post by beni » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:15 pm

If you guys reach your goals... you rock :D
"I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite forum on the internet."

x3n
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Post by x3n » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:51 pm

I've uploaded two new screenshots to the wiki-page. You can find them here:
=> https://dev.orxonox.net/wiki/MoonStationHangar#images

The level's look well thought through, more jump'n'crouch than fighting...
Well, we'll add some turrets into the map, which will complicate things a bit ;)

x3n
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Post by x3n » Sun May 20, 2007 4:40 pm

after two weeks of code-work (not finished yet, i'll tell more when its done) i'll continue building the map. i'm currently building the lobby which leads to the cave, where the player will find the power core and the way to the hangar. there are no new screens at the moment, but i've uploaded two screens of the elevator shaft and the orange room. some of you have allready seen those parts of the map some weeks ago. now you can enjoy calmly :P

you find them here: https://dev.orxonox.net/wiki/MoonStationHangar#images

the pictures of the new parts (lobby, cave) will be uploaded in a week (maybe).
stay tuned. :)

patrick
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Post by patrick » Sun May 20, 2007 5:35 pm

Oohhh! It's just fabulous! Looking forward to your code release! :D

retolu
Noxonian Grollknom

Post by retolu » Thu May 24, 2007 1:56 pm

Looking forward to seeing more of your Hangar...

I found something strange, when leaving the Yellow room with the Rotors. When you go towards the stairway and descend instead of going up, you see a open shaft, some fence that was over the shaft lying in front of it. Now continue running towards wall and fence, though you cant proceed and you will start to fly... Tried it on two Computers.

x3n
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Post by x3n » Thu May 24, 2007 5:09 pm

retolu wrote:Looking forward to seeing more of your Hangar...

I found something strange, when leaving the Yellow room with the Rotors. When you go towards the stairway and descend instead of going up, you see a open shaft, some fence that was over the shaft lying in front of it. Now continue running towards wall and fence, though you cant proceed and you will start to fly... Tried it on two Computers.
yes, i know that, i discovered it too. its probably a collision reaction bug.
i had this "feature" several times in the map from last semester (space station).
once i used a selfmade playermodel, it was only a cube. with it i was able to climb all walls, forward, backward and sideward, it was like in "spiderman" :D
with the normal playermodel, this doesn't happens too much. sometimes you can climb only backwards, but that isn't so conspicuous.

but thanks for your feedback, i'm constantly searching for major and minor bugs. :)
(and i will fix this one too)

nicolasc
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Post by nicolasc » Thu May 31, 2007 7:46 am

Nice upgrade....

but there seems to be a new "feature": I am only able to look in a very limited angle sideways, which makes exploring somewhat difficult. This feature does not appear in the space station level.

I am looking into it, as I am not sure whether it is branch dependent. (currently I only tested the vs-enhencements branch).[edit] the problem seems limited to my working branch

BTW: It's called barracks, casern does not exist...

cheers
nico

[edit] did more testing!
BOFH Excuse #212: Of course is doesn't work. We've performed a software upgrade.

x3n
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Post by x3n » Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:03 am

Thx for the feedback :)

I've never had any problems with steering and I'm glad its only on your branch, but you (and all others on this branch) should have a look at that, in order to avoid problems after merging the branches together.

Yesterday you mentioned the strange look of the water fountains. That's because you need the particles-patch which was released to the main branch a week ago.

@casern: Leo listed "barracks" and "casern" and I used "casern" because it's shorter. But as barracks is more common, I will replace it.

Edit: Oh, and I did some advances with the mover (my "coding work"), he is now able to rotate, but there are still some problems.

hofzge
Roshliikhh, lower servant to the Deities

Post by hofzge » Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:50 pm

It's true that barracks is a lot better. Please use this term, even if only because it's used in Starcraft...
The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.
-- William Gibson, Neuromancer

x3n
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Post by x3n » Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:04 pm

Ok thx, I'll change it :)
It's only on one texture, so it won't cause much work.

nicolasc
Baron Vladimir Harkonnen

Post by nicolasc » Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:09 pm

It's true that barracks is a lot better. Please use this term, even if only because it's used in Starcraft...
Is that a reason??
@casern: Leo listed "barracks" and "casern" and I used "casern" because it's shorter. But as barracks is more common, I will replace it.
I agree with the argumentation for shortness, but LEO also mentions it as rare (read is not used).

I you need some translation, just ask... I'd like to add some SNAFU, FUBAR and other expressions like these.

cheers
nico

hofzge
Roshliikhh, lower servant to the Deities

Post by hofzge » Sat Jun 02, 2007 11:36 pm

nicolasc wrote:
Is that a reason??
Sure as hell!
The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.
-- William Gibson, Neuromancer